When I started my blogging adventure, I was an avid reader of a slew of blogs that included a blogger named Julee. I always loved her blog and you could tell there was a love between her and her husband Matt and of course their sweet dog Romeo. Over the years of reading her blog, Julee and Matt became parents to a beautiful baby girl, Preslee Bell.
As a blogger, you are growing with the group of bloggers around you and enjoying their special and happy moments and sometimes it hard to explain when you don’t know these people personally, but you feel a connection to them.
I learned today that Julee has lost her husband Matt due to a fatal car accident this past weekend. I felt chills while reading about her loss and leaving behind a 10 month old baby girl that only had a short time to get to know her father. It really does make me and I’m sure many others reflect on those we have in our own lives and treasuring the moments.
Here is the news story and more about Matt: STORY
I am not sure how to express my condolences the proper way as a stranger but I did find that there are a few other bloggers who are setting up something to help Julee & Preslee in their time of need and by passing this on, I hope that I am helping in someway.
Next week, October 15th through the 19th, blogs: Life in the Green House, Life Sweet Life,Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land, The Getts Times& SheShe Made will be conducting a silent auction with all proceeds going to Julee and Preslee.
To Donate an Item*:
- Create a post detailing the item up for auction. Include a description and/or picture.
- On Monday, October 15th visit any of the above blogs and list your item. Make sure to use the direct link to that specific post.
- Once the auction ends on Friday, October 19th, we’ll have you email us with the winner’s name, email address, and the amount of the winning bid. We’ll invoice the winner.
*If you do not have a blog, but still want to donate an item, please contact any of the Jenns, Sarah, or Ashley and we will be happy to list your item for you!
To Bid on an Item:
- On Monday, October 15th, visit any of the above blogs to view the list of donated items.
- If an item interests you, click on the link to read more information.
- To place a bid, leave a comment on that blog’s post leaving your email address and your bid. Be sure to check the list often as new items will be added throughout the week.
This is the amazing part of blogging...its watching a community of men and women come together to support one another in need. Thanks for your willingness to help and we’re looking forward to a successful auction. And as always, we’re sure that Julee, Preslee, and the rest of their loved ones would greatly appreciate your prayers in the days, weeks, and months ahead.
Another way you can help: Kelly from Kelly’s Korner is asking you to email her at kellyskornerblog(at)gmail.com. Just put ‘Julee’ in the subject and she will send you details. She will assign you a day to send Julee encouraging mail - hoping we can get her mail every day from next week for a year!!! We can do this!